The current standstill surrounding immigration reform continues to put hard working immigrants at risk of detention and deportation. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post by Walter Ewing that describes the extended impact that deportation has on families and communities.
- “The U.S. Government Treats Detained Immigrants Like Slaves,” declares Carl Takei of the American Civil Liberties Union.
- Walter Ewing of Immigration Impact describes, “The U.S. Deportation System’s Human Toll.”
- “Immigrant Detainees Work for a Dollar a Day,” writes Colorline’s Aura Bogado.
- “Welcome.us Looks Forward to Celebrating First-Ever Immigrant Heritage Month,” explains Maria Betances Koegle of America’s Voice.
- Ricardo Ramirez of the Fair Immigration Reform Movement explains that, “President Obama, House Republicans Have Moral Responsibility to Stop Family Separation.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.