The last week has brought to light many of the issues with our current immigration system including high demands for limited skilled worker visas and the need for access to drivers’ licenses and healthcare. However, while there are deep challenges, the landscape contains some successes as well for immigrants and refugees in the United States. Read more in our blog round-up below.
- H1-B Cap Filled in a Flash, Underscores Need for Immigration Reform Immigration Impact Wendy Feliz
- California Legislators Consider State Laws Designed to Facilitate Immigrant Integration, Not Promote Immigration Enforcement Immigration Prof Blog KJ
- The Court Decision on Deferred Action Everyone Should Be Talking About Immigration Impact Patrick Taurel
- Constantino Morales Warned He Could Be Killed If He Was Deported. Then He Was. ThinkProgress Esther Yu-Hsi Lee
- Zita’s Story: Her Journey from Central African Republic to the U.S. Church World Service Blog Suzanne Colton and Therese Murray
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.
Photo Credit: Kathryn McCallum