We’re pleased to announce that the LIRS is beginning to recruit for our 2017 Board of Directors. We are seeking new board members who have a passion for creating just and welcoming communities in which all migrants and refugees are protected, embraced, and empowered. We’re looking for new members who believe that newcomers strengthen American communities.
The LIRS Board is responsible for setting our mission goals and ensuring we have the resources, leadership, and oversight necessary to carry it out. Beyond the board, a leadership team composed of the president and key LIRS staff members guides the organization. We work towards achieving our objectives with integrity, courage, and fiscal responsibility.
We encourage all to apply, including former refugees, immigrants, and Lutherans. Information about our current board members can be viewed at the LIRS Leadership page.
In particular, we seek board members who have:
- Substantial expertise and access to networks and communities
- Large corporations and private sector networks
- Fundraising skills and access to resources (foundation, corporations, individuals, personal)
- Church or church-related agency leadership
- Ties to immigrant, refugee, and ethnic communities
And board members who are:
- Personally connected to the LIRS mission
- Between the ages of 18 and 40
- From diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
The deadline for nominations is May 6, 2016. Please feel free to share this information with anyone in your network.