By Linda Hartke, LIRS President and CEO
I’m looking forward to next Monday, when we’ll unveil a redesigned LIRS blog offering a greater range of vital resources on the latest immigrant and refugee issues!
This is an exciting time to be tackling these issues, including winning comprehensive immigration reform, raising up the DREAM Act, stopping human trafficking, and pushing for alternatives to immigrant detention. I’m particularly glad that “Redefining Welcome,” as the new blog will be called, represents a chance for me to connect more directly with you as we face these challenges.
I hope that “Redefining Welcome” becomes your go-to source of information on the most important immigrant and refugee issues. Moreover, I hope you’ll use the comments section to offer your thoughts and fresh ideas, and to suggest ways we can make the blog even more useful.
Besides the regular reflections I’ll pen on immigrant and refugee issues, the redesigned blog will highlight more tools from our partners and allies. It will also:
- Invite you to act through weekly legislative alerts on pressing state and national issues
- Spotlight powerful guest voices in the immigrant and refugee community
- Showcase the best new LIRS resources, including updated Mythbusters
- Update you on the progress of LIRS and our affiliates as we work to provide the best possible immigrant and refugee services
- Keep you in the loop about crucial upcoming events held by LIRS partners and allies
Next Monday we’ll launch “Redefining Welcome” – looking forward to seeing you then!