The government shutdown has ended and the issues surrounding immigration reform are again a focus of Congress. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post by Emily Butera of Women’s Refugee Commission that describes the many challenges faced by women and children in detention as a result of current policies.
- “Human Rights Don’t End at Borders,” writes Emily Butera of Women’s Refugee Commission.
- Immigration Impact’s Amy Genier writes that “Four out of Nine of This Year’s U.S. Nobel Prize Winners are Immigrants.”
- Salvador Adame of The Hill makes the request, “Get to Work, Congress, and Pass Immigration Reform.”
- National Council of La Raza acknowledges that “News Organizations Across the Country Call for Immigration Reform This Year.”
- Shikun Sun, writing for Fair Immigration Reform Movement, explains why it’s “Time to Do Something About Our Broken Immigration System.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit our blog, and I look forward to sharing with you the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.