The fight to fund the Department of Homeland Security continues on Capitol Hill. The funding bill, which holds amendments that threaten President Obama’s Executive Actions intended to serve millions of undocumented migrants, passed in the House but has stalled in the Senate.
- Homeland Security Funding the Latest GOP Bargaining Chip in Immigration Debate Sojourners Kaeley McEvoy
- The Latest Attack on Immigration Reform Colorlines Julianne Hing
- The Executive Action Learning Curve Colorlines Aura Bogado
- Unrepresented Children Still Being Fast-Tracked Through Immigration Hearings Immigration Impact Kristin Macleod-Ball
- New York Times Exposes ‘Shame of America’s Family Detention Camps’ Immigration Impact Wendy Feliz
- Pope Should Remind Congress That Values Matter in Immigration Debate Immigration Impact Eric Gribble
- Ahead of Court Decision On Executive Action, Support for the President’s Immigration Policies Grows America’s Voice
- Herta’s Story Explains Why GOP Should Stop Attacking Immigrants, Pass Clean DHS Funding Bill America’s Voice Van Le
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.