This week, the fight to fund the Department of Homeland Security continued as a bill passed in the House made its way to the Senate. If passed, this bill would fund the department only if the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program instituted by President Obama in 2013 and the Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA) program created through his executive action at the end of last year were terminated. I would like to highlight three pieces from America’s Voice that reveal the impact eliminating such programs would have on many members of society who exemplify what it means to be an American. As people of faith, we should encourage our representatives to work to protect the most vulnerable among us.
- America’s Voice shows us how Sen. Durbin is Lifting up DACA Success Stories on Senate Floor – While Republicans Aim to Bring DACA Down
- Patty Kupfer of America’s Voice brings another story from Senator Durbin as he Highlights A Former DREAMer and Veteran Featured in New Film, Spare Parts
- America’s Voice Van Le shows us again how Sen. Durbin Lifts Up the Stories of Carlos and Rafael Robles on Senate Floor
- Immigration Impact’s Amanda Peterson Beadle relays What Potential GOP Candidates Said on Immigration at Steve King’s Rally
- Immigration Impact‘s Mark Noferi explains how the House Bill to Seal the Border is Unrealistic, Congressional Budget Office Finds
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.