I don’t know about you, but my Thanksgiving holiday was a busy time with family and friends, and now I need to get back in to the rhythm of a new week. Perhaps the same is true for you? So this Monday, I want to answer the question, “What can I expect to find on this new blog, and when?”
Whatever you’re most passionate about, whether it’s human trafficking, detention, immigration reform, the DREAM Act, or some other issue, I want to make sure you have the latest facts at your fingertips. Having a regular schedule for posts will be key to that.
It’s true that some things just aren’t possible to predict. Popping up, now and again, will be guest posts by friends and allies, occasional press releases, the launching of new LIRS resources, and updates on upcoming events and projects.
But over the long term, you should be able to consistently find these posts each week:
- Mondays: Top Picks of the Immigration and Refugee Blogosphere, in which I’ll share particularly insightful posts from around the Internet. Mondays are also a preferred time to share my own reflections on urgent issues and LIRS’s work.
- Tuesdays: National Action Alerts, which may range from a heads-up on an upcoming legislative battle to a specific request for you to write or call key decision-makers.
- Wednesdays: Refugee Headlines, in which I try to bring you a round-up of the most interesting articles.
- Thursdays: State Action Alerts, which ask you to act on issues affecting immigrants and refugees at the state level. Also, Immigration Headlines.
- Fridays: Trafficking Headlines, a collection of recent news articles I hope will be useful to everyone concerned about our End Human Trafficking Now campaign.
I’m sure there will be some variation from this calendar, but for the most part, I’ll do my best to get the information to you in a timely way. I want to begin this week by thanking you for reading this blog, sharing your thoughts and contributing your leadership. Let me know what else you need so that you’re best prepared to Stand for Welcome!
P.S. Look for news on immigration this Tuesday when President Obama meets with the new president-elect of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto.
Image credit: NikNaks