The federal government is at a standstill with regards to immigration reform creating a series of problems that impact other aspects of the immigration system. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post from the Detention Watch Network that features a TED talk about immigration detention by Catalina Nieto.
- Carla Murphy of Colorlines asks the question, “Thinking of Formally Complaining to U.S. Border Patrol?”
- “Houston Coalition Aims to Naturalize More Immigrants,” writes Elena Shore of the Immigrant Magazine.
- Detention Watch Network’s Will Coley highlights the video, “Dignity, Not Detention – Catalina Nieto at @TEDxFoggyBottom.”
- The National Council of La Raza discusses, “321 Days.”
- “Unaccompanied Children Deserve Fair Representation in Immigration Courts,” Kristin Macleod-Ball Immigration Impact
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.