The immigration system in this country is broken and advocates are testing new strategies to draw attention to the issues. In this week’s edition of the Friday Top Picks, I’d like to highlight a post from Stacey Schwenker in which she discusses her change of heart on immigration issues.
- “Give America a Vote on Immigration Reform!,” states a headline from the National Council of La Raza.
- Sojourners’ Stacey Schwenker describes “Living with ‘An Illegal:’ How a Friendship Changed My Perspective on Immigration.”
- Anastasia Tonello of the American Immigration Lawyers Association compares the “Top Ten Similarities Between March Madness and the U.S. Immigration System.”
- Immigration Impact’s Amanda Peterson Beadle writes, “New Website Documents Border Patrol Abuses.”
- Emily Gelbaum of the Fair Immigration Reform Movement explains “Why I Fasted.”
Please email me or comment if you have any thoughts about this week’s Top Picks. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, and I look forward to sharing the best online commentary on immigration and refugee issues.